RE: capturing variables or not?

Eddy,

> Well I declared the "dppo" in the stylesheet
>
> :> <xsl:stylesheet
> :> 	xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
> :> 	version="1.0"
> :> 	xmlns="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"
> :> 	xmlns:fo="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Format"
> :>    result-ns="fo"
> :> 	xmlns:dppo="file:/dev/null">

It must be declared in every XML that uses this namespace, i.e. in
your XML source *and* in your stylesheet.

> :But the used namespace "file:/dev/null" must be the same is in your XML
> :source!
> Yes they do have it buried within the top-element (among many attributes).

Fine.

> :In this case the template with match="dppo:document" will be applied.
>
> So I should be able to match "dppo:document" or any of the other element
> nodes and display them properly?

Yes. Note: it doesn't matter which prefix you actually use within the
stylesheet. The main thing is that the assigned namespace is the same.

Cheers,
Oliver

|  ob|do        Dipl.Inf. Oliver Becker                             |
|  --+--        E-Mail: obecker@informatik.hu-berlin.de             |
|  op|qo        WWW:    http://www.informatik.hu-berlin.de/~obecker |