RE: help with xsl/xml/asp combination

> I have a .ASP file on my IIS, using JScript. This is to convert a XML-
> File using a XSL-Stylesheet into HTML.
>
> When I try saxon on those files,

You're making life unnecessarily difficult by using ASP and JScript to drive
Saxon. It's possible, but it's much easier to use Java servlets or JSP. See
the SaxonServlet sample application. What interface to Saxon are you using,
the command line, or the Java API?

I get either of two errors:

> 1.) NO STYLESHEET DEFINED ON TOPLEVEL - but I think I did!

That's not a Saxon error message, unless you've paraphrased it.

> 2.) After I removed the << ?xml-... encoding...>, it finds the
> stylesheet, but has problems with my German special characters,
> so I NEED the encoding=3D"...".

If removing the xml declaration made a difference, then the xml declaration
must have been wrong. Don't remove it, correct it.

Mike Kay