XSL FO: initial-page-number

Can someone comment on my interpretation of

  fo:initial-page-number="auto-odd"

?

The page sequence must be numbered so that it follows on from the last
page-sequence, but is incremented by one if that means it would be
even. Is the implication that I should leave a blank page where that
even-numbered page would have mean? or does my document simply skip a
page?

If this is NOT how I leave a blank page to start eg a new chapter on
an odd page, how _do_ I specify that? I need to start a new
page-sequence for the new chapter, because the fo:static-content will
change.

Sebastian Rahtz