RE: That didnt work either! RE: How to add a "less than" or "grea ter than" sign?

Thanx John.Can you or someone tell me why this is acting strange?.A very
simple xml but really taking my time.I guess Im missing something here.

This is my xml

<years title="year" century="20th" month="April" Day="Thursday"></years>

My xsl

<xsl:template match="/">
	&lt;<xsl:value-of select="@title"/>&gt;2000&lt;/<xsl:value-of
select="@title"/>&gt;
	<xsl:element name="{@title}">2000</xsl:element>
</xsl:template>

This gives me an error that "Name contains invalid characters" but if I give
the template match as 'years' it's displaying
   <year>2000<year> 2000

Can anyone please tell me what's happening here?.Isnt / denotes the node
tree root?

Francis

> The original poster was trying to do something like this:
>       < <elementname> >content</ <elementname> >
> which would cause his stylesheet to be not well-formed.
>
> Bob's/Wendell's solution doesn't "display only the Type
> attribute name"; it
> displays the Type attribute *value*.

>John E. Simpson          | "After they make styrofoam, what do
>http://www.flixml.org    | they ship it in?" (Steven Wright)
>simpson@polaris.net      |

The woods are lovely,dark and deep.
But I have promises to keep,