Re: XMLish code in HTML and Microsoft bashing

Mike Brown wrote:

> Since there were and still are no standards for putting XML data into HTML
> comments, I think it would be an overreaction to add this particular
> feature to our lengthy list of Microsoft's crimes against humanity.
> And if you're going to complain, offer some constructive suggestions about
> what they should have done instead. What would your solution have been?

What we were lead to believe we were going to get would be just fine.
Microsoft were telling the XML community that they were retooling their suite
of applications to support XML - that pithy solution was the result. I would
put that forth as one reason for the intense disdain of data islands.

> My constructive suggestion would be for MS to not be afraid to put out a
> product that tells people "look, you can't do that because the specs
> aren't robust enough for what you want to do, and we intend to respect the
> guidelines set forth by the standards bodies".

MS meaning Microsoft in the paragraph above? I just thought I'd double
check...

--
Regards,

Marcus Carr                      email:  mrc@allette.com.au