Re: XML+XSL= XML only?

> Jens Lautenbacher wrote:
>
>it _can_ be cumbersome... but still I would be interested more in what
>you are doing. this sounds extremely interesting.

We have designed a set of Java/C++ classes that interface to a SAX parser
to handle the events that are generated when our application XML documents
are parsed. There is one class for each different type of element that can
occur within our messages. Each class is designed to validate and process
the child elements that its corresponding element contains. As we parse any
given input XML document we build up a  hierarchy of objects of classes
that match the document elements that we have encountered.

The input to our Java/C++ class generator is an XDR schema that describes
the format of the XML messages that pass between the two endpoints in our
application. This schema is supplied as input to an XSLT processor along
with an XSLT stylesheet that defines the desired content of our Java/C++
classes. The stylesheet matches each XDR ElementType definition with the
schema and generates the corresponding class files.

We are using James Clark's XT processor and its xt:document extension
function to generate Java, C++ header and C++ implementation files in
parallel.

I hope this brief description helps.

Stuart Barry
Chief Technical Officer