Re: Dumb question from a newbie on XSLT in IE5

> Can someone please tell me what I'm doing wrong?
not a lot:-)

You are writing in standard XSLT, but IE5 by default uses
the-language-known-as-xsl-in-ie5 which is a completely different
language about which people on ths list are traditionally rude, but
we'll have to start being polite as the Microsoft developers are
now visibly active on here (a welcome development by the way:-)

So you have two choices, back convert your shhet to ie5 which in this
simple case probably amounts to deleting xsl:output element and
changing the namespace from  xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/1999/XSL/Transform"
to  xmlns:xsl="http://www.w3.org/TR/WD-xsl"
or far better get Microsofts newish `preview' release of an MSXSL
system that does conform to (a subset of) the spec. This can be
installed in `replace mode' so that IE5 uses it by default. (beware
though this is advertised as preview, not production quality)

David