Cocoon XSP Session ID != Jserv HTTPSession ID

Continue reading only if you use XSP.  I’m posting here with the assumption that some of you are using XSP in your XML->XSL process. Thanks.

Issue

The ID returned from HttpSession.getID() in my servlet does not match the ID returned from the same call in the XSP generated java class.

These two values should be the same to facilitate message passing and to hold user state information during a users session.

This was working on my development machine and is still working on our production server, but has recently failed on my dev machine.

I've checked the obvious: jar versions, configurations, duplicated the server environment on dev machine, gone back to old versions - all producing no change.

I have yet to reinstall Cocoon or Apache JServ.

Has any one else experienced this?

Configuration

NT 4.0 SP6

Apache 1.3.11

Apache JServ 1.1

Apache Cocoon 1.6.1 (servlet.jar 2.2API)

jdk 1.2.2

jsdk 1.2 (2.2)

process

XML -> XSP -> XSLT -> HTML -> post to servlet -> servlet put.Value into session

-> next round of XML -> XSP get.Value from session (values null, as not the same session)

Joel Hughes

REDKNEE.com Inc.

Tel: +1 905 625 8235