RE: Declaring internal entities in an xsl-file

> At 07:31 PM 2/4/2000 +0100, Mattias Beermann wrote:
> >I have an xsl-file that transforms an xml-file into xhtml. In
> this xsl-file
> >I want to specify some internal entities for  font face and font size, so
> >that I only need to change it at one place. Is there any way I
> can declare
> >just the entities without having a "real" dtd?
>
> <!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
> <!ENTITY headerfont "Arial,Helvetica,Univers,sans-serif">
> ]>
> <xsl:stylesheet... [etc.]
>
> Personally though I'd rather put the font faces/sizes in a CSS stylesheet
> and simply emit the <link> tag to connect the XHTML file to it; a
> lot less
> cruft in the result tree (replacing all the font specs with a simple
> "class='...'" attribute on the appropriate elements). A matter of
> taste, maybe!

I would also like to use CSS, but this thing must work with old browsers as
well. You example works but produces the same error as before when I set the
parser to ValidateOnParse = True, I'm using the MSXML2.DOMDocument parser.
The error I get is:

Line: 6 - The element 'xsl:stylesheet' is used but not declared in the
DTD/Schema. error '80004005'

Should I just ignore this error and use ValidateOnParse = False, or should I
try to find a dtd for xhtml and for xsl? What is the recommended way of
doing it? Is it bad practice to create documents that aren't valid?

Mattias