Re: Declaring internal entities in an xsl-file

At 07:31 PM 2/4/2000 +0100, Mattias Beermann wrote:
>I have an xsl-file that transforms an xml-file into xhtml. In this xsl-file
>I want to specify some internal entities for  font face and font size, so
>that I only need to change it at one place. Is there any way I can declare
>just the entities without having a "real" dtd?

<!DOCTYPE xsl:stylesheet [
<!ENTITY headerfont "Arial,Helvetica,Univers,sans-serif">
]>
<xsl:stylesheet... [etc.]

Personally though I'd rather put the font faces/sizes in a CSS stylesheet
and simply emit the <link> tag to connect the XHTML file to it; a lot less
cruft in the result tree (replacing all the font specs with a simple
"class='...'" attribute on the appropriate elements). A matter of taste, maybe!

John E. Simpson
simpson@polaris.net