Re: multiple input files to one output file

> I do have XML files that specify the filenames and paths of all the
> documents in a specific subdirectory. Could I somehow read such a
> filenames-file and call the document function for each of the
> files listed, and then extract the information I want from each
> document?

Mike brown showed how you can read such a file. Note that you don't have
to manually update your index file if you can configure your server.
If you put a http URL to a directory in the document() function XSL will
be passed back whatever the server sends. Normally this is something
like an index.html file from that directory but you can set up the
server to run a perl (or whatever) script over the directory and
send back a directory listing in XML syntax.

David