This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the systemtap project.
Re: SystemTap 3.0 doesn't work on Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
- From: Mark Wielaard <mjw at redhat dot com>
- To: Aleksander Alekseev <mail at eax dot me>
- Cc: Josh Stone <jistone at redhat dot com>, systemtap at sourceware dot org
- Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2016 10:06:27 +0200
- Subject: Re: SystemTap 3.0 doesn't work on Ubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
- Authentication-results: sourceware.org; auth=none
- References: <20160329163043 dot 40a590ff at fujitsu> <20160329163416 dot 201702f5 at fujitsu> <56FAC85B dot 7080501 at redhat dot com> <20160330005316 dot 371be910 at fujitsu>
On Wed, 2016-03-30 at 00:53 +0300, Aleksander Alekseev wrote:
> Thanks for your replies!
> > What issues do you have?
> > It is certainly supposed to build against elfutils 0.165.
> `make` fails like this:
> In file included from include-elfutils/gelf.h:32:0,
> from include-elfutils/elfutils/libdw.h:32,
> from session.h:29,
> from tapset-dynprobe.cxx:12:
> include-elfutils/libelf.h:280:8: error: âElf32_Chdrâ does not name a type
> extern Elf32_Chdr *elf32_getchdr (Elf_Scn *__scn);
That is because your glibc is old and elf.h doesn't contain the new
definitions. That has been fixed by:
Which should also be included in the debian/ubuntu package sources.
It should also be in 0.166 to be released later this week.