Re: An attempt for systemtap "make installcheck" AArch64

Hi Will,

I am still struggling with getting 'kernel and systemtap' builds on
fc19 EFI based image, so I can test only after succeed with builds.  I
had updated yum to use new "koji" server, but seeing that 'yum install
gcc' got me different version of toolchain: " gcc version 4.8.1
20130920 (Red Hat 4.8.1-10) (GCC)", and systemtap (+elfutils) did not
build as ./configure ... fails.  Moreover, kernel build just hangs the
model ssh/console indefinitely!. Any pointers from you would help me,
I am not sure of the dependencies between systemtap/elfutils, gcc,
kernel version, efi changes (I merged msalter "armv8-uefi-latest"
branch).

On 2 December 2013 21:14, William Cohen <wcohen@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi Sandeepa,
>
> Over the Long US Thankgiving weekend I tried the latest git checkout of systemtap on aarch64 to see how far the "make installcheck" would get on aarch64.  Yes, it was slow and didn't complete.  The results are posted on dejazilla:
>
> https://web.elastic.org/~dejazilla/viewsummary.php?summary=%3D%27%3C529C9AC1.2060706%40redhat.com%3E%27
>
> Some of the tests timed out probably because the simulator is so slow:
>
> FAIL: at_var_tracepoint startup (timeout)
> KFAIL: backtrace-unwindsyms (timeout) (PRMS: 10739)
> FAIL: beginenderror (timeout)
> FAIL: bz6503 (timeout)
> FAIL: cmd_parse8: unexpected timeout
> FAIL: cmd_parse15: timeout
> FAIL: debugpath-bad (timeout1)
> FAIL: debugpath-good (timeout2)
Can't we have a test version with timeouts increased substantially
(20-times?) for running specially on foundation-model? Does it make
sense?

> Tests that depend on back traces or time support are not expected to work right now.
> KFAIL: backtrace (0 0) (PRMS: 10739)
> FAIL: gtod (0)
>
> The kernel crashed when running kallsyms_expand_symbol.stp or something soon after it.  Unfortunately, I did not take a look at the console before rebooting to see what caused the crash.
Hmm, I did not find kernel logs on dejazilla, we are aware of a
loop-hole in my implementation where kernel can end-up in crash,
especially in recursive exception and/or re-enter kprobe (though not
sure your crash is related to that). I am on the way to fix it would
provide new set of patches once the issue is resolved.

Thanks,
Sandeepa