Re: New location for aarch64 Fedora 19 packages

On 11/27/2013 12:35 AM, Sandeepa Prabhu wrote:
>> Hi Sandeepa,
>>
>> I have switched to the arm64-kprobes-devel branch, pulled in the msalters uefi patches (armv8-uefi-lates branch of https://github.com/mosalter/linux), and started building a new kernel. The simulator is slow, so it will take a while for a new kernel to be available.
>>
>> I have pushed the aarch64 print_reg() support into the systemtap git repository to make it easier to test out aarch64 support include the kprobes and kretprobes.  So on the aarch64 simulator something like the following to get a systemtap that has support for aarch64:
>>
>> # get the elfutils sources
>> cd ~
>> git clone git://git.fedorahosted.org/git/elfutils.git
>> cd elfutils
>> git checkout aarch64
>> # get systemtap
>> cd ~
>> mkdir systemtap_write
>> cd systemtap_write
>> git clone git://sourceware.org/git/systemtap.git
>> cd systemtap
>> ./configure --disable-docs --prefix=~/systemtap_write/install --with-elfutils=~/elfutils
>> make
>> make install
> Hi Will,
>
> I have booted fc19 as per
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Architectures/ARM/AArch64/QuickStart
> successfully and able to setup networking.
> However, when I tried to install basic packages like git, it throws
> timeout errors:
> ----------------------------
> [root@localhost ~]# yum install git-core
> Loaded plugins: langpacks, refresh-packagekit
> arm64                                                    | 2.9 kB     00:00
> http://arm-temp.ausil.us/pub/fedora-arm/stage4/repodata/repomd.xml:
> [Errno 12] Timeout on
> http://arm-temp.ausil.us/pub/fedora-arm/stage4/repodata/repomd.xml:
> (28, 'Connection timed out after 30050 milliseconds')
> Trying other mirror.
>
> What could be the issue? Is it could be because of slow internet or I
> am missing something?
>
> Thanks,
> Sandeepa

Hi Sandeepa,

Your internet probably works.  The location of the repo has changed and you will need to copy the attached file into /etc/yum.repos.d/.  This is mentioned in the following URL:

https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/arm/2013-November/007089.html

You might also need to set the date correctly for the aarch64 simulator.  If the date is way off, yum might not like that.

-Will