Re: Segmenation fault for systemtap tests using the arm uprobes support

On 11/21/13 21:11, William Cohen wrote:
On 11/08/2013 01:12 PM, David Long wrote:
On 11/06/13 11:33, William Cohen wrote:
On 11/06/2013 10:57 AM, David Long wrote:
On 11/06/13 10:24, William Cohen wrote:

Hi David,

With the uprobe-v2 version I only saw one test that appeared to fail because of a sigsegv:

Are you testing on the same hardware?  It's conceivable that could make a difference, especially if the number of CPU's is different.

I wouldn't expect those options to make a difference for uprobes.  They might for kprobes.

I just finally found the bug in ARM uretprobe's.  It's a simple fix.

-dl

Hi Dave,

Are there updated ARM uprobe-v3 patches somewhere?  I would be happy to try them. out.

-Will

Hi,

I just now pushed V3 of the uprobes changes to my repo on the linaro website:

git://git.linaro.org/people/davelong/linux.git

It's the uprobes-v3 branch. It's now based on V3.13-RC1. You need at least that recent a kernel as Oleg has pushed some uprobes changes of his and mine that these patches depend on.

Thanks,
-dl