Re: semantic error: not accessible at this address

 â 27 septembre 2013 22:30 CEST, David Smith <dsmith@redhat.com>Â:

> This could certainly be a systemtap problem. To help narrow this down a
> bit, could you show us the output of the following 2 commands?
>
> # stap -V
> # stap -L 'kernel.function("vfs_write").*'

Here it is:

$ stap -V
Systemtap translator/driver (version 2.3/0.152, Debian version 2.3-1)
Copyright (C) 2005-2013 Red Hat, Inc. and others
enabled features: AVAHI LIBSQLITE3 NSS BOOST_SHARED_PTR TR1_UNORDERED_MAP NLS
$ stap -L 'kernel.function("vfs_write").*'
kernel.function("vfs_write@/home/bernat/src/linux-lts-saucy-3.11.0/fs/read_write.c:459").call
kernel.function("vfs_write@/home/bernat/src/linux-lts-saucy-3.11.0/fs/read_write.c:459").exported
kernel.function("vfs_write@/home/bernat/src/linux-lts-saucy-3.11.0/fs/read_write.c:459").return
$return:ssize_t

systemtap is a backport to Ubuntu Precise of what is currently in Debian
Unstable. You can find the differences with upstream version here:
 http://patch-tracker.debian.org/package/systemtap/2.3-1

The kernel is the upcoming kernel for Ubuntu Saucy backported for
Precise (by Ubuntu kernel maintainers) but compiled by me (to get debug
symbols). The kernel in Precise (3.2) is not recent enough to have user
probes (but works for vfs_write) and 3.5 and 3.8 which are available
have incomplete debug symbols.
--
Write clearly - don't sacrifice clarity for "efficiency".