XML(-ish) output?

 I couldn't find any reference to generating output files as XML
documents in sourceware's documentation per se, even though in the
mailing list
~
 http://sourceware.org/ml/systemtap/
~
 I did find some comments of people asking for xml-esque output
~
 I somehow expected to find something like that and I think this
shouldn't be that hard because the logic followed by the state
machines used by compilers is very much patterned and hierarchical
~
 Is there a way to have strap reports as xml? Or in case there isn't
in a straightforward way, what would you suggest?
~
 thanks
 lbrtchx