Re: csclient.cxx:2024:66: error: 'PR_NetAddrToString' was not declared in this scope

On Fri, Apr 6, 2012 at 8:11 PM, Srikar Dronamraju
<srikar@linux.vnet.ibm.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm compiling the latest master from git, and I get a couple of error
>> like the one in subject.
>> I've managed to find those functions are defined by libnspr and
>> installed libnspr-dev on Ubuntu.
>> Compiling went fine, but the linking broke with
>> Âcsclient.cxx:2025: undefined reference to `PR_NetAddrToString'
>>
>> Any ideas on why is this happening ?
>> I can get rid of that linking error by changing the automake/conf scripts, but
>> I though asking first might be better.
>>

> I faced similar issue yesterday while compiling on fedora.
> However installing nss-devel solved the problem for me.
>
> To reiterate, Even though I give ./configure --disable-server
> --without-nss but nss-devel not installed, systemtap would fail to build
> csclient.cxx. After installing nss-devel, the same configure command
> works.
>
> Frank had asked me to report this problem on the list, but I forgot.
> This seems to be recent regression, because I was able to compile and
> use systemtap on that machine before and then it didnt have nss-devel.

Thanks,

BTW it looks like these unguarded references to libnss-dev also break
 static void keep_common_server_info ( const compile_server_info &info_to_keep,
   vector<compile_server_info> &filtered_info )

as "defined but never used" gcc error.