RE: Making the transport layer more robust

> You mean our
>
>     execl("/bin/sh", "sh", "-c", cmd, NULL);
>
> calls in one or two places.  We could change that to
>
>     execlp("sh", "sh", "-c", cmd, NULL);
>
> if android's $PATH etc. are workable.
>
> - FChE

I tested that Ok, as Android defines PATH correctly. However, I have found these comments on a systemtap execvp call so I am no sure of possible interferences with other requirements:

/* Note that execvp() is not a direct system call; it does a $PATH
       search in glibc.  We would like to filter out these dummy syscalls
       from the utrace events seen by scripts.

       This filtering would be done for us for free, if we used ptrace
       ...  but see PR6964.  XXX: Instead, we could open-code the
       $PATH search here; put the pause() afterward; and run a direct
       execve instead of execvp().  */

Texas Instruments France SA, 821 Avenue Jack Kilby, 06270 Villeneuve Loubet. 036 420 040 R.C.S Antibes. Capital de EUR 753.920