Re: Tracing KVM with Systemtap

On Wed, 2010-09-22 at 13:33 +0100, Stefan Hajnoczi wrote:
> KVM does not generate code.  Almost all the "emulation" code in the
> source tree is part of the Tiny Code Generator (TCG) used when KVM is
> not enabled (e.g. to emulate an ARM board on an x86-64 host).

Thanks, that's what I thought too. Otherwise it would be really slow to
run KVM :)

But if KVM is not used, and QEMU host & guest are running on the same
architecture, is TCG off? (Hmm, I guess I can find that answer myself by
reading the code).

Stefan, are you accepting patches? If so, I will create a patch with the
Systemtap framework & other probes.

Rayson