Re: Line numbers reported by pp() do not respond to the reality

Hi -

> I tried without optimising and everything is correct.

OK, but ...

> I know this is basic knowledge, I'm learning it by doing and making mistakes.
> Sorry for the noise.

Not at all.  I don't think this represents pilot error.  Tools like
systemtap are meant to opeate in the face of optimized, deployed
applications, not just -O0 -g ones.  It would be good to fully
understand the phenomenon here.

To that end, would you be able to share the .i file, and the object
file in question with and without -O*, along with exact gcc version
data?