Re: compile systemtap at redhat 9

On 07/25/2010 09:31 AM, ééç wrote:
> I want compile systemtap at redhat 9.
>
> I compile in chroot environment.    (I build a redhat9 chroot
> environment) and want compile systemtap in this chroot enviroment.

Can you explain why you want to do this?  SystemTap requires building
and loading kernel modules, so even if you're running in a chroot, it
will require access to the host environment.

You should still be able to run stap in the main host environment to see
things that are running in your rh9 chroot.  Please let us know what you
are trying to achieve.

> rpm -ivh elfutils-0.76-3.i386.rpm
> rpm -ivh elfutils-devel-0.76-3.i386.rpm

We require at least 0.126.  You may build a newer elfutils along with
stap using "./configure --with-elfutils=/path/to/elfutils-source".  But
both systemtap and elfutils may have issues with the rh9 gcc being so
old.  So again, I wonder why you need to do this...

Josh