Re: draft 1.3 release notes

On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 14:32 -0500, David Smith wrote:
> The systemtap team announces release 1.3.
>
> FIXME - better summary?
>
>   integrated compile server client, automatic structure printing, user
>   space stack traces, interesting new sample scripts, kernel versions
>   2.6.9 through 2.6.35-rc4

"user space stack traces" might not really describe what is new with
1.3. Since we have had those for some time. What is new is "user space
stack traces from kernel probe contexts" (e.g. what was my application
doing during a profile timer trigger, syscall, perf hardware event, page
fault, kernel function probe, etc.)

Also (if there is room in the short summary) stack traces are now
"faster and more accurate" (although both of those features could just
be regarded as bugs in the old versions of course).

Cheers,

Mark