Re: Using the systemtap configure script on Ubuntu 9.04

Hi -

On Wed, May 12, 2010 at 05:21:31PM +0000, gkosteva@comcast.net wrote:
> [...]
> What I need:
>   I am running Ubuntu 9.04 on my PC which is running the LTIB software that
> generates ARM code for our embedded system. What I would like to do is
> modify our kernel with the right configurations for systemtap (done this)
> and then compile the systemtap application to run on the ARM using the
> serial port consol for communication.

> The omapmedia site seems to describe a server/client approach which won't
> work for me. (Our imx31 has no client connection capability)

OK, that just means that the automated client/server widget can't be
used, but you can still build the various parts of systemtap the same
way.  Instead of running stap-client on the arm machine and
stap-server on the development host, you'd run 'stap -p4 ....' on the
host by hand, transport the foo.ko file to the arm machine any way you
see fit, and run it there with 'staprun foo.ko'.

(If the arm machine has enough ram/virtual memory, building/running
all of systemtap natively is also a possibility.)