Re: Tapset for probing IRQs, workqueues, etc

On 10/30/2009 04:44 AM, Josh Stone wrote:
On 10/29/2009 08:55 AM, Prerna Saxena wrote:
Hi ,
Posting a new version of the IRQ tapset.

I have not included the flags string on purpose for this probe point,
cos I think that one might need to look up the flags in specific
debugging scenarios only. It would not be required in most commonly used
cases, such as the attached example. However, I have documented the
function both inline in the tapset documentation and also in the man
pages, so that a script developer wanting to display a formatted string
can call the function when needed.

It wouldn't hurt to have the tapset provide it as something like flags_str. That makes it more obvious for the user, and our optimizer should remove it automatically if it's not used.

Thanks! Fixed in commit a476086d1ef0448c86e466f5955f78d282b473fd for new IRQ tapset.

--
Prerna Saxena

Linux Technology Centre,
IBM Systems and Technology Lab,