Re: systemTap 1.0 CROSS COMPILE

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your quick reply.

I did not find any documentation for CROSS compilation.
Here cross compilation means I have installed ARM tool chain under the
/usr/loca/arm/
Currently I am not using client/server mechanism.

I have to build and install stap and staprun binaries on the Host
Machine by using cross compilation.I’ll use stap to build .ko files
and copy on the target arm architecture board and insert and execute
the module with staprun. Target arm architecture will use (nfs )
network file system of host.
All these operation will be in text mode. I am not using Systemtap GUI.

Steps I have executed
1.	Downloaded and un tar  systemtap-1.0.tar.gz
2.	copy elfutills (v 0.131) to systemtap-1.0
3.	export PATH=/usr/local/arm/:$PATH
4.	export ARCH=arm
5.	export CROSS_COMPILE=/usr/local/arm/arm-dev-
6.	export CC=/usr/local/arm/arm-dev-gcc
7.	“./configure --host=i686-pc-linux-gnueabi --prefix=/usr/local/arm/
--with-elfutils=elfutils”
8.	make
9.	make install

Created stap and staprun files are of X86 arch not ARM architecture.

I am not sure about the steps I have used to compile.

Please give steps or any links to cross compile and install systemtap

ARCH= arm
kernel=2.6.29
gcc= 4.3.3
glibc=2.9