Re: Unable to retrieve pthread mutex symbols

David Carter <dcarter@davidcarter.ca> writes:

> [...]  Basically, I'm trying to debug mutex use in my program. I use
> the pthreads version, which in turn uses futexes. Using the attached
> systemtap script, I get the addresses of the futexes under
> contention, but not the symbols associated with them. This makes
> debugging difficult. [...]

>From scanning your code (including the arm4 library), it appears that
the only pthread mutexes actually declared are embedded into
heap-allocated data structures, or into an mmap'd one
g_shared_memory_ptr.  I haven't found one that lives near an actual
symbol.  If so, usymname() has little to go on.  (Incidentally, you
may benefit from adding "-d /usr/lib/libarm4.so" and the
arm4-debuginfo package on your system.)