Re: zanussi work on ftrace

Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
> Hi -
>
> FYI, it seems like some in ftrace land are adopting more of the
> in-situ general filtering philosophy of systemtap.  Our ex-own Tom
> Zanussi has been posting some interesting patches to lkml: google
> "zedtrace" and "ftrace filtering".

Hmm, Interesting work.
His "using existing language" idea might be attractive especially
for people who don't know systemtap language...

> Depending on how far this effort develops, it could be a partial
> backend for some systemtap scripts; or more; or less.

Yeah, as long as it supports external(modular)-filter function :)

Thank you,

--
Masami Hiramatsu

Software Engineer
Hitachi Computer Products (America) Inc.
Software Solutions Division

e-mail: mhiramat@redhat.com