Re: Debug code enabled on Systemtap verison: 0.8?

"Buddy Lumpkin" <buddy.lumpkin@gmail.com> writes:

> Sorry if this is a duplicate, I already sent this once to
> systemtap@sourceware.org, re-sending to systemtap@sources.redhat.com.

(They are equivalent aliases.)

> This is the extra line that is printed:
> node_addr=0x0

This is a consequence of feature sources.redhat.com/PR5686.

> There is a global variable called node_addr in my script. A small
> adjustment to some code made the message go away:
>
> this causes the message to occur:
>
>            if ((node_addr = node_addr(node_id + 1)))
>                [...]

In this case, the node_addr variable is not read, so it is
automagically printed.  (The value of the node_addr() function is used
as an rvalue for the if expression.)

> Written this way, it goes away:
>
>            node_addr = node_addr(node_id + 1);
>            if (node_addr)
>                [...]

In this case, the node_addr variable is read, so the
automagic global printing is not active.