Re: Instrumenting XEN and KVM using Systemtap

Hi satya,

I'm also interested in (early) boot-time systemtap tracing and
virtualization support.

As far as I know, the nearest project is the VESPER project, which
is the framework to gather the state of guest kernel. They will
support systemtap on their framework.

Vesper:
http://vesper.sourceforge.net/

And also, the Xenprobe which is a prototype of guest probing
infrastructure like kprobes, has been published. (I'm not sure
he opened his code.)

Xenprobe:
www.usenix.org/events/usenix07/tech/full_papers/quynh/quynh.pdf

Thank you,

--
Masami Hiramatsu

Software Engineer
Hitachi Computer Products (America) Inc.
Software Solutions Division

e-mail: mhiramat@redhat.com