Re: [RFC] systemtap: begin the process of using proper kernel APIs (part1: use kprobe symbol_name/offset instead of address)

> For example, we're about to do unwinding/stack-traces of userspace
> programs.  To what extent do you think the kernel unwinder (should one
> reappear in git) would welcome patches that provide zero benefit to
> the kernel, but only enable a peculiar (nonintrusive) sort of
> unwinding we would need for complex userspace stacks?

In theory if the tables are right you don't need any special
for the kernel dwarf2 unwinder.  If the tables are not right
fix them.

I believe oprofile did this already in some cases (generating
user back traces from the kernel)

-Andi