Systemtap wish-list

Hi Guys,

I have couple of items as a wish-list. And I think it can be done using
systemtap. Currently, with the existing tapset library it's easy to
probe a created or executed process.

But it will be good to collect data when the application is being
installed in the system. These data can be:

@ Libraries that are being used (ex. - libc, libstd etc.)
@ Interfaces of the library. (ex. - open(), read())
@ API details.
@ System calls that it makes.

Right now, it might be an interesting bit to check using systemtap
that an application is being installed in the back end.

How to check it?

It might be easy to check if an rpm package is being installed if
the "rpm" process is being executed. But how can we check the same
if someone is installing using a *.bin, *.sh or from a tagball.

Looking forward to have your suggestion and comments.

Regards,
Subhransu