Re: Proposed tags for cataloging

Hi -

On Fri, Apr 11, 2008 at 04:50:25PM -0400, William Cohen wrote:
> Having a tag summarizing when and kind of output has value for testing; it
> gives the testing frame work some indication when or whether output should
> be expected. Users may also want to know whether a script prints data while
> running or on exit. People may be surprised that nothing comes out when
> running the script until control c is hit.

That doesn't have to be a tag, just part of the text blurb.

> "exclusivearch" useful for scripts that are designed to only run on
> particular systems. Hopefully, this will be rarely used.

I don't know... the systemtap script can describe/enforce its own
arch-dependency easily enough.

   %( arch != "x86_64" %? probe begin { log ("unsupported") exit() } %:
      /* .... */
   %)

> The "version" is allow people to know that the version in the
> catalog has changed.

But the catalog would be a file generated from these very text files.

> Maybe just lump the "subsystem" into the "keyword".

Exactly.

> >to trigger its automatic execution during "make installcheck".
>
> "status" also factor into the "make installcheck" only run ""production" as
> pass 5 others run as pass 4 to check that they build.

Perhaps ... or a more disruptive or risky sample can have a

   test-invocation: stap -p4 script

only.  Think "low tech".