[RFC] SystemTap FAQ

Literally, just the questions as of now :-)

Please add any questions we've missed; more importantly, please attempt
to answer a few of them too.

Once answered, this will live in the SystemTap wiki.

1) I have installed SystemTap but am getting a "semantic error: libdwfl
failure (missing kernel debuginfo): No such file or directory", when I
try to run a script. What am I missing? How do I fix it?

2) What config options need to be enabled to be able to use SystemTap on
custom built kernels?

3) I have a kernel built with options listed in (2), but still can't get
SystemTap to work. What am I missing?

4) Is it possible for me to view the kernel module generated by SystemTap?

5) How do I run prebuilt SystemTap modules?

6) What should I do when some tapsets functions fails to resolve like "semantic error: unresolved arity-1 function: identifier 'log'"

7) This is way cool! I want to write my own scripts. Where do I look for
more information?

8)Is it possible to override some of the macros in SystemTap generated "C" module.

9) What are tapsets?

10) I see that there is no tapset for my favourite subsystem. What do I
do?

11) I hear the latest Linux Kernels come with marker support. Does
SystemTap support markers?

12) I am a non-root user, but still want to run SystemTap scripts. Is
that possible?

13) This is fantastic! But how does it all work?

14) Do I have to be a RedHat Enterprise Linux/Fedora user to be able to
use SystemTap?

15) I found a bug when using the tool. How do I report it?

16) I'd like to contribute to the project. Where to I start?

Regards,
Srinivasa