Re: Results of systemtap-20071124 snapshot on s390x

David Smith wrote:
> David Wilder wrote:
>
> Interesting.  The problem isn't that the marker the test used didn't
> have an argument.  Otherwise, you would have gotten an error that looked
> like the error message you got above (that comes from K_MARKER05). For
> instance, here's what I get when I try to compile a probe that uses
> '$arg1' when a marker doesn't have any arguments.
>
>   # stap -e 'probe kernel.mark("mm_handle_fault_exit") { print($arg1)}'
>   semantic error: invalid marker argument number: identifier '$arg1'
>   at <input>:1:51 while resolving probe point
>   kernel.mark("mm_handle_fault_exit")
>   Pass 2: analysis failed.  Try again with more '-v' (verbose) options.
>
> What's weird is that only K_MARKER04 is failing.  K_MARKER01 and
> K_MARKER02 compile correctly, yet K_MARKER04 doesn't compile.  The only
> difference between K_MARKER02 and K_MARKER04 is that K_MARKER04 prints
> $arg1.

I may have just found and fixed this.  In updating the marker test, I
started receiving a similar failure (on x86).  After debugging this a
bit, I found that it was because the marker had more than one string
argument - the translator was emitting invalid code in this case.  I've
fixed this now.

--
David Smith
dsmith@redhat.com