Re: stap is getting a segmentation fault on RHEL 5.1 bets

Roland McGrath wrote:
Any idea what rpmbuild could be doing to the debuginfo files?
I looked through the kernel.spec file and found no clues, but I am unfamiliar with rpm spec files, so I may have missed something.

Some implicit magic happens after what's written in the spec file. Importantly, /usr/lib/rpm/find-debuginfo.sh runs to create the separate debuginfo files using eu-strip -f.

Thanks for the pointer. When I run "eu-strip --remove-comment" against the working file it creates a file that causes stap to fail.

Now I need to figure out if the debuginfo file is damaged by eu-strip, or it is a bug in elfutils relating to reading the striped file.