Re: testsuite and hardcoded timeouts

Quentin Barnes <qbarnes@urbana.css.mot.com> writes:

> [...]
> Ah, maybe there is some middle ground here.  Instead of putting the
> effort into figuring out some portable method for dynamic timeouts,
> just change the behavior for a timeout to be user-settable [...]

It can be even easier than that.  dejagnu's "timeout" tcl variable is
exactly the default timeout duration in seconds.  The .exp files under
testsuite/config or even testsuite/lib could set this global variable
based on the "ishost" predicate - leave it for i686, double it for
s390x, dedicule (!) it for arm.  Then we just need to police the test
cases to avoid messing with this value.