Re: notify_page_fault() problem

On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 11:40:29AM -0400, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:
Quentin Barnes <qbarnes@urbana.css.mot.com> writes:

[...]  That doesn't matter.  Just having the kprobes and kretprobes
data structures being in module memory is all that matters.  [...]

I recall thinking of extending the systemtap startup code sequence to force mapping of the entire module data/text memory, hoping to prevent vmalloc faults during execution. Does this sound like a plausible hack around such problems?

That would be a workaround for the bug for Systemtap modules, but it's a Kprobe implementation problem, not a Systemtap problem. I'd rather not hide the problem, but to see it get addressed directly like it has on x86_64 and i386.

- FChE

Quentin