Re: Sockets tapset and script

Mike Mason wrote:
Martin Hunt wrote:
On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 14:26 -0800, Mike Mason wrote:
Since yesterday, we can now access parameters in return probes (BZ
1382). This could simplify some of your script because yo no longer need
to cache parameters on entry probes and then lookup their values in the
return probe.

Based on later posts, I assume this still doesn't work and I shouldn't remove the parameter caching in my script just yet.
Please confirm if this is true.

Accessing target variables in return probes currently works, for some applications.

There are two major outstanding bugs:

(1) The current code can get confused and fail to find the cached parameters if two different threads intersperse function entries/exits. I should have this one fixed late today or early tomorrow.

(2) Accessing the target variables in a loop is broken. A workaround is to assign the target variable to a temp variable before the loop and then use the temp variable in the loop. This one is going to require some re-architecture work, so I'm unsure when it will get fixed.

--
David Smith
dsmith@redhat.com