Re: Kernel hang with latest snapshot

The saga continues...

Tonight's installment:

I spun up a totally new machine : P4 with HT, 2G ram.
Installed FC5, updated to latest fedora mirror state.
Upgraded elf utils using the rpms from redhat systemtap ftp server.
Installed kernel devel, kernel debug.
Pulled systemtap from cvs, built, installed.
Tried to use LKET. Machine hangs just like the previous
two machines I tried.

Next, I wanted to test the theory that systemtap in general,
and not LKET is broken for me. So I went back to my trusty
vmware machine. Found some systemtap example stp scripts
in the src/examples/small_demos directory. Basically every
script I have tried in there works perfectly. No hangs, crashes,
just works. I've tested so far: kmalloc.stp, close.stp, fileopen.stp.

Lastly I tested the theory that perhaps it's only the iosyscall
stuff in LKET that's causing me trouble. I instead tried network I/O
like this:

stap -b -M -e "probe addevent.netdev.receive {}" -v

The kernel crashes just as nicely as before :(

So...the obvious conclusion is that either a) LKET doesn't
like ME, or b) that the kernel I am using is incompatible with
LKET. Would someone here that is able to run LKET
without crashes on IA-32 please tell me exactly what
kernel/distribution you're running so I can reproduce your
success ?

Thanks !