Re: Problem with modules

Ranieri Romera <rromera@terra.com.br> writes:

> [...] I can get the information of the kernel.fuction("*"), but if I
> modules ip_tables, nfs, ext3 and other, always return a semantic
> error [...]

This suggests a problem with the modules' debugging information, or
with systemtap's attempts to process it.  There is a known
elfutils-related problem that may kick in if systemtap is installed in
an unusual place, and LD_LIBRARY_PATH is unset.

By the way, the wiki page http://sourceware.org/systemtap/wiki/HowToReportBugs
will gradually contain more relevant advice about such problems.  Nevertheless,
including basic data like "stap -V" is good general practice.