Re: Does anybody have a tapset to get the command line of a task?

Just want to let you know, I'm still looking forward to your script. :)

Thanks,
Yi Feng

On 5/25/06, Richard J Moore <richardj_moore@uk.ibm.com> wrote:

Yes, I believe I have, but it's on a different system so will post later
unless someone else does.
- -
Richard J Moore
IBM Advanced Linux Response Team - Linux Technology Centre
MOBEX: 264807; Mobile (+44) (0)7739-875237
Office: (+44) (0)1962-817072

             "Yi Feng"
             <ericyifeng@gma
             il.com>                                                    To
             Sent by:                  systemtap@sources.redhat.com
             systemtap-owner                                            cc
             @sourceware.org
                                                                       bcc

             25/05/2006                                            Subject
             00:33                     Does anybody have a tapset to get
                                       the command line of a task?

We already have pid(), tid() and execname() in tapset/context.stp. I'm wondering if somebody has written a tapset to get the command line of the (current) task as well. Looking at proc_pid_cmdline in fs/proc/base.c, I understand this information is in the user memory tracked from the mm struct of the task (instead of the task struct itself), so there is much more indirection to get it than pid, tid and execname.

Thanks,
Yi Feng