Re: test case bin3 failed in my x86_64 box

> > Test cases bin3, bin4, bin5 failed in my x86_64/IA64 box, from the
> > error message, it seems that it is word endian problem.
>
> This was some fallout from the optimization being done for 2427. I have
> fixed the problem.

Sorry about that, if I broke that.

Anyway, having explicit endian-conversion functions like those doesn't
make much sense to me.  Endianness is really an external
representation (serialization) issue only, which would be naturally
expressed as modified formatting options for binary printf.