Re: help-inode-watch error

Kevin Jia wrote:
Which version of systemtap are you using? It looks like the version of
stap you are using is interpretting them as local variables. Do you have
a relatively recent version of stap (one around mid march))?

Version of systemtap is  0.5.3 build 01-17-2006. Can you send me the
new version ?

There are instructions on build the latest version at:

http://sourceware.org/systemtap/build.html

I am a beginner of systemtap. I have think
about this carefully, but also have many confusions that how use
systemtap trace interrupt. Does systemtap can recognise the function
"foo_interrupt_handler", "bar_interrupt_handler"...? Can you support
me a example about trace a interrupt? I need the detail to research
vexedly.

thank you very much.

I am not quite sure what your question is. SystemTap can place probes on various functions in the kernel. If the naming scheme of the interrupts is reasonable, you could use the wild card notation to put probes on a group of functions. You might do a "man stapprobes" to get more information about that.

cscope can give you some insight in the the static call tree in the kernel.

http://cscope.sourceforge.net/

-Will