Re: elfutils issues when building systemtap rpm from snapshot onrawhide

William Cohen wrote:
Uli, you have been able to build the a snapshot of the systemtap with the elfutils-0.116 bundled on a rawhide machine? Maybe something is different between our rawhide systems.

No, I'm building elfutils itself. If there is a difference then Roland's repackagin might have problem. In any case, look at the Makefile, the

line2addr_no_Wformat = yes

line should take of adding the flag, disabling the warning. If this doesn't happen something is wrong on your system.

Shouldn't the first printf problem been noticed before on an elfutil rpmbuild? It was built straight from the test srpm.

Not with -Wno-format.

When I manually removed "-Wall" from build-elfutils/tests/Makefile the compiler succeeds building line2addr.o.

The solution is not to remove -Wall, the solution is to add -Wno-format.

--
â Ulrich Drepper â Red Hat, Inc. â 444 Castro St â Mountain View, CA â