Re: Systemtap fails on IA64

Keshavamurthy Anil S wrote:
Hi,
On IA64 (RHEL4 U2 system with stock kernel version 2.6.13 + few bug fixes), I installed elfutils version 0.115-0.2 directly from sources and systemtap snapshot version systemtap-20050903.tar.bz2, though I did not had any problems compiling and installing elfutils/systemtap itself, I am seeing problems when trying to run stap.
1) I see some stap unaligned access
2) and some errors and some undefined architecture

Here is the output, can any one let me know how can this be resolved.

Anil,

Check for the arch specific bits under runtime/ specifically in copy.c,
fegs.h, loc2-runtime.c, stack.c, current.c. Also IA64 and ppc64 use
function descriptors and may need special handling in runtime.h too.

These are some places I see changes are needed. There may be others. I
just started relooking at it this afternoon.

Ananth