Re: Kernel-debuginfo

> The elfutils library that looks for kernel debugging information
> currently appears hard-coded to look for that info in a location
> where Red Hat kernel-debuginfo RPMs would deposit it.

It's not hard-coded for debuginfo per se, systemtap just hasn't
parameterized it.  Dwfl_Callbacks has a field debuginfo_path that is what
the standard find_debuginfo hook uses to find your setting.  Set that to
the location of your variable containing the path string.  See libdwfl.h
comments on dwfl_standard_find_debuginfo to see the path syntax.  The
default setting is indeed hard-coded to ":.debug:/usr/lib/debug" now.  I
forgot even to make that use ${libdir}.

It is hard-coded for the kernel itself and .ko ELF file locations (vs
.ko.debug), because I forgot to go back and make that more sensible now
that it's really being used.

Thanks,
Roland