Re: [Perftools]hello world

[moving to systemtap@]

hunt wrote:

> [...]
> On July 8th, I made some changes to the runtime that are inconsistent
> with what the translator generated.
> [...]

In general, the module startup/shutdown logic needs to be agreed upon.
I would prefer it if the translator-generated output "owned" the sole
low-level module init/exit hooks, and called into the runtime as
appropriate, and not vice versa.

Similarly, the probe handler entry/exit code will get more complicated
shortly as I add reentrancy, session startup/shutdown, and other such
logic to the translator's output.  Likewise, stp_exit may be a bit
half-baked for the more complex lifecycle cases, like probes being
concurrently executed elsewhere.  Let's leave this stuff to the
translator to worry about too.