Re: variables in scopes

Vara Prasad wrote:

Jim Keniston wrote:

On Wed, 2005-04-13 at 15:58, Frank Ch. Eigler wrote:

& lvalue
* pointer

I definitely think we will be heading in the wrong direction if we let systemtap scripts use full blown "C" pointers directly.

It is o.k to let them traverse datastructures using -> and . constructs but not full blown pointers.

I should say traversing using constructs which can verify safety of pointers before accessing them is fine.

In my view allowing full pointers is asking for disaster in terms of the safety of the code.