From: Frank Ch. Eigler [mailto:fche@redhat.com]
Sent: Thursday, January 12, 2006 6:45 PM
To: Subba Krishna M N
Cc: sid@sources.redhat.com
Subject: Re: Need information about passing command line arguments.

Hi -

On Thu, Jan 12, 2006 at 11:22:42AM +0530, mnskrishna@soc-soft.com wrote:
> One more request how to find GLOSS-COMPONENT, I tried --save-temps it
> gives help information related to options mentioned below
> [...]
> --save-temps=FILE     Write config to FILE, '-' for stdout.
> [...]

As the option says, you have to give "--save-temps" an argument
to specify where the sid configuration file should be written to.

> please let us know what is GLOSS-COMPONENT?

In general, a GLOSS sid component emulates the system call / OS layer
by intercepting CPUs' trap instructions.  Such a component should be
configured into the simulation in order for it to run "hosted" C
programs that use stdio, argv[], and so on.  If the "--board=MM_.."
does not already have it, you may have to add the sid "--gloss"
option, if that is a supported configuration for the MM* (mep)?
family.

For "GLOSS-COMPONENT" in my command line example, substitute the
reference name of the gloss component instance that you will find in
the sid configuration file, the one hooked up to the CPU.

- FChE

The information contained in this e-mail message and in any annexure is
confidential to the  recipient and may contain privileged information. If you are not
the intended recipient, please notify the sender and delete the message along with
any annexure. You should not disclose, copy or otherwise use the information contained
in the message or any annexure. Any views expressed in this e-mail are those of the
individual sender except where the sender specifically states them to be the views of
SoCrates Software India Pvt Ltd., Bangalore.